Logistics automation refers to the automation of equipment and facilities in logistics operation, including transportation, handling, packing, sorting and identification, such as, automatic identification system, automatic detection system, automatic sorting system, automatic access system, automatic tracking system.
Logistics automation is the comprehensive use of various technological means, such as, mechanical and transportation equipment, computer system and comprehensive complex operation. After the overall planning and technical application of the logistics system, the relevant operations and contents of logistics will be simple, efficient, reasonable, and the logistics process can be completed rapidly, accurately and reliably.
The facilities of logistics automation include barcode automatic identification system, automatic guidance vehicle system (AGVS) and automatic goods tracking system, etc. Logistics automation includes: Information guidance system; Automatic sorting system; Barcode automatic identification system; Speech automatic identification system; Radio frequency automatic identification system; Automatic access system; Automatic goods tracking system.
Logistics automation plays an important role in all levels of logistics management. It includes all kinds of soft technologies and hard technologies, such as, logistics planning, logistics information technology and automatic logistics system. Logistics automation plays a very important role in all walks of life of national economy and has profound development potential. With making more research efforts, logistics automation technology will be further developed in terms of informatization and greenization. Its various technical equipment (such as: three-dimensional warehouse) and management software will also get greater development and application.
Logistics automation has significant advantages. Firstly, it improves the level of warehouse management. Due to the computer control management, the sequential operation can be completed automatically by the controlled equipment. The cycles of material turnover management and operation are shortening, and the throughput of warehouse is increased correspondingly, which meets the needs of modern production. Second, it improves automated operation and warehouse productivity, saves labor and increases productivity. Third, the storage quantity is small; the area is small, and the material is not heaped up. The access is without interference, which guarantees the quality of the inventory materials.
2. Case sharing
- the roadway-type stocker in the three-dimensional warehouse.
The roadway-type stocker (hereinafter referred to as the stocker) is an important part of the intelligent three-dimensional warehouse, which is used mainly to travel through the roadway of the high-level rack and locates at the warehouses in the crossing of roadway. Or, the goods are shipped to the crossing of the road.
- Solutions based on Rockwell automation products, including:
- Allen-Bradley Compactlogix 5370 (5380) L3 programmable automation controller.
- Allen-Bradley Point I/O distributed slave station
- Allen-Bradley PowerFlex755 frequency converter
- Allen-Bradley PanelView Plus 7, 7 inch HMI
- Allen-Bradley GuardMaster safety relay
Summary of advantages
<< Back to Industry Solutions
- Modular-based programming will reduce design development time and accelerate the market launch of equipment.
- Modular-based programming improves program stability and readability.
- Full Ethernet control improves machine performance stability and carries out more comprehensive function diagnostics.
- Safety shutoff and safety speed monitoring of the frequency converter improves the safety of the machine.
- Reliable program block encryption algorithm effectively protects customer's intellectual property rights.